Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The books have arrived

Shhhh, don't tell my family but this is all I really wanted for Christmas; to know that the donations I worked so hard to collect and ship have arrived in Africa and that Billa likes them. YAY!!!


Billa in loading the books in his van/trotroe/school bus.
I am so happy. I have been holding my breath, checking my messages daily, sometimes hourly and now to hear from Billa that he has gone through all 34 boxes and really thinks they will be helpful has made my day, my week, heck it's made my year!


These are some of the children who live at the UCC with some of the books. He will post more pictures when school reopens after the break.





Eagle Scout Paul Burke was able to collect several boxes of school supplies and back packs. 




And here they are at the port of Tema in Ghana. 


That is right, I can't think of a better way to end a great year. To know that you have made a difference, no matter how small, in the life of a child in need is a wonderful feeling. It inspires me to stay focuses and get working on my next goal.


The back pack Billa is holding came from the Waples Mill Elementary School collection.
So here it is, my next goal. I will be turning 50 soon and have I have decided that for my birthday (or sometime during my 50th year) I would like to fly to Ghana and give Billa the money he needs to buy the land for his dream children's center. 

Wish me luck, or better yet, buy a painting or make a donation.
My online store is up and running. www.shop.paintingbrighterfutures.com




\

No comments:

Post a Comment