Friday, August 1, 2014

Well Off Women of Africa

Colorful oil painting for sale of African women in Accra, Ghana.
Original Oil Painting, "Well Off"
To purchase this painting or print on my secure on line store.

I was told by a friend in Africa, that some of the most financially "well off" families in Ghana are those supported by the women who own and operate the little stalls in the Medina market in Accra. "Well off" is a relative term, but in this case, it means that they are able to put food on the table, clothe their children and pay for them to go to school. It is my dream that all the world's children can be that "well off". That is why I am donating proceeds from the sale of this painting, and the others on my  site and store to the children's charity, Future Leaders Underprivileged Children's Center, which provides free education for the needy children living in one of the poorest slums near Accra.

African oil painting displayed on the wall of Adrienne Kralick's dining room.
African oil painting displayed on the wall of Adrienne Kralick's traditional home.

I have included these picture to show how the painting looks on the wall of my house. I was pleasantly surprised to see how great these vibrant colorful paintings complement my  traditional colonial style home and European influenced home furnishings.

No comments:

Post a Comment